Saturday, March 21, 2009

I am _________________

 

And I will not be able to ________________

 

I am a fat, aging cancer patient

 

  • OK, fat, aging and cancer don’t totally define me. At least, they shouldn’t. So they won’t.

 

I am a funny, kindly old geezer. There, that’s better.

 

And I will not be able to win an Olympic gold medal.

 

  • OK, that’s a downer. Of course, neither will you. (True for really close to 100% of everyone who’s ever likely to read this even though I’m going to put it up on the Internet). 
  • I’m not going to be able to go out in space.
  • Another downer. Think of it, chained to the planet of my birth as if I were some kind of person born in a previous millennium. Oh, that’s right, I was. I remember taking pictures of the millennial changeover and having them printed in the Millennium Photo Project. Of course, probably everyone got pictures into that book. I didn’t actually buy it.

 

I will not be able to…

 

OK, I will be able to…

 

  • Write a kids book about my  granddaughter for her to read when she’s older. See some parts of the world I haven’t been to yet. Not all of them. It’s a small planet, but there’s way more to see than I actually would be able to see if I lived to be 120.
  • Have some fun.

No comments: