Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Love Poem to my Wife

My latest poem written at my cancer/writing support group:

A Poem Without Rhyme or Meter
To My Wife
 

by
 
Henry Farkas
 

It's difficult for me to talk
with you about:
 
Nuclear physics, art history, quantum mechanics and
The use of the pluperfect tense in La Peste by Albert Camus
Because I don't know much about those subjects

Other than that they exist.
 
It's not so difficult for me to talk with you about:
My thoughts, my hopes,
My dreams and feelings.

My cancer.
 
You mentioned recently that
You didn't think I'd ever had an unexpressed thought.
That's probably correct.
Why would I waste all the mental effort
Of thinking up the thoughts
By not expressing them?
 
But, at times, as much as an hour goes by
Between the thought
And the expression.

No comments: